Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Doctor, my brain hurts!

Killer migraine today. Started on Monday, really, but has now reached the ultimate all-over body pain stage. Yuck. I may go lie down, or I may just ignore it and try to get something done around here before the whole house goes to pot. Have I mentioned what a crappy housekeeper I am? Beautifully crappy, though, because I coloured my hair last night and had it cut this morning. My hairdresser is a bit boring (but then so am I) but at least she doesn't make me look like a debutante. That has to be worth something, doesn't it?

It's my birthday next Wednesday. Mr. M. is freaking out about what to give me because he's only been married to me for almost 15 years and claims to have absolutely no idea of what I might like. We have resorted to me ordering some books from Amazon that he can wrap up and say are from him. Woo hoo. I'm sure he might think of a little something on his own as well but you never know. Boy9 (our resident artist) is drawing me a "Super Carrot" comic book at my request and Boy12 is sure to have something up his sleeve when he can see to taking some time out from being a surly pre-teen. Did you know that in Germany you're supposed to bake your own birthday cake and be ready to receive any guests that might just drop over unexpectedly? No getting away and having a quiet day to yourself - they will hunt you down and demand cake and coffee no matter what you do.

3 Comments:

At May 18, 2005 12:22 p.m., Blogger chicagokarl said...

Here's a link to the birthday question - the differences betweeen celebrating birthdays in the Anglosphere and the Germanosphere. Birthdays here are definitely a workout.

 
At May 18, 2005 12:34 p.m., Blogger christina said...

Thanks, Karl! That was great. I think I'll be running away for my 50th.

 
At May 19, 2005 12:06 p.m., Blogger Ms Mac said...

Whoah! Hold the phone.... that's not fair at all. Luckily I have no friends to eat cake with so i shall just buy myself an erdbeer tortli and be done with it!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright © 2005-2012 by 'Mausi'. All rights reserved. It's not nice to steal.