Friday, April 29, 2005

sunny side up or over easy?

This is how my third-grader's mind works:

One afternoon last week I walked down to meet Boy9 at school. He's usually pretty quiet after a hard day of using the ol' noggin so we don't talk much in the 7 minutes it takes us to get home, but last week was different.

Boy9: Mummy, now I'm REALLY glad that I'm a boy.
Me: You are? How come?
Boy9: Well, you know we're learning all that where babies come from stuff in school right now? We saw a movie today. And now I know all about the blood...and... the eggs...and I'm just happy I'm not a girl.
Me: Well, being a girl isn't all that bad.
Boy9: But...just how big are those eggs? Can you SEE them?
Me: Oh no, they're very small.
Boy9: Phew! Because I was thinking they were like thiiiis big. [holds hands about 8 inches apart]

Cluck cluck.

2 Comments:

At April 29, 2005 2:15 PM, Blogger chicagokarl said...

That's pretty funny. Our eldest is coming up on nine soon and while I've already had *that* talk with him, I'm anticipating many more questions in the next couple of years.

 
At May 03, 2005 9:45 AM, Blogger Ms Mac said...

Ahhh, the poor little love. He has much to learn about the ways of women!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright © 2005-2012 by 'Mausi'. All rights reserved. It's not nice to steal.