Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Never put off until tomorrow what you should have done last week

My fridge freezer was in dire need of defrosting so I decided this was the day to do it. We have one of those strange German fridges that's about 2 ft. wide and 6 ft. tall with four freezer drawers that were filled with all sorts of unidentifiable freezer-burned goodies. Took me most of the morning to sort throught the stuff and chuck anything suspicious and then chip off the thick layer of ice that had formed since the last time I'd defrosted the thing which I figure must have been about, oh, maybe 2 years ago. Ahem. I'm just no good at this homemaker stuff and procrastination is the story of my life. Also tried to make a dent in the mountain of dirty laundry, but I was still so tired from yesterday that I didn't get very far. Tuesday is my "busy" day. Well, busy for me, anyway. Tuesday mornings I volunteer at the library at Boy9's elementary school teaching an English class to a small but wild group of fourth graders. Then in the afternoon it's 3 straight hours of tutoring German high school students in English. Might not sound like much to normal people, however I'm a very low-energy person and Tuesdays just suck the life out of me. I enjoy it, I guess, it's just very draining. I also think I'm coming down with something since my head kind of feels like it's going to explode. Going to bed early for a change might be an idea. Nothing on for tomorrow either. On Thursdays I usually have a university student who comes for tutoring in the morning and another high school girl in the afternoon but the student's horse died (really!) and the girl has stomach flu, so they both cancelled. Maybe tomorrow I'll finally get caught up with that damn laundry. Yeah right.

1 Comments:

At April 21, 2005 1:48 a.m., Blogger Bernadette said...

I'll think of you as I launder today!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright © 2005-2012 by 'Mausi'. All rights reserved. It's not nice to steal.